Dropbox folder on iPhone

Reaction score
Some of the items I put in my Dropbox folder from my desktop will not open on my iPhone iOS 6.1.6, such as Quicken, Address Book and keychain. when I click on their icons in the Dropbox window on my iPhone I get an open ”see-through” Dropbox icon with a statement “Unable to view file this file type can’t be viewed” The subsequent instructions tell me to export the file to another app.
How do I do that?
Thanks.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You need to have an app that can open this content on your iPhone. Do you have applications installed that can handle these formats?

OP
A
Reaction score
I don't really know. I probably do not. What are they and how do I find them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
You should be using iCloud to sync Address Book and Keychain automatically, so you shouldn't have to open them manually from Dropbox.

There is no Quicken version that works on iOS.

Last edited:

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You don't have to use iCloud specifically as there are a whole host of other sync services that might better suit your needs. For example, Google and Microsoft both have excellent sync service functionality available as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.