Transferring lps and cassettes to mp3

A

ashp

Hi there,

Maybe you can help me! Ok...I just bought Roxio Boom box....I have installed
the software and am trying to convert tapes and vinyl to my ipod using CD Spin Doctor and my IMAC G3 DV (graphite). When I launch CD Spin doctor it asks me to check the levels to see if the sound is ok...I think I am connecting something wrong. It said to watch to see if the lights on the sound meter thing flash...I hooked up my cassette player to my
imac..audio left/right on back of cassette player and put the single pin
thing into the line in (?!) on my imac. ( the one with the microphone icon).
Now....in my preferences on my imac under sound > input > I have selected
"xternal microphone / line in" HOWEVER the lights in the sound meter on CD
spin doctor are not flashing...the only way I can get them to flash
indicating that it might be working is to change the preferences on my imac
and select "internal microphone / built in". WHAT am I doing wrong.
Also...when I try and record something when the lights ARE flashing it is
picking up sounds from the room too like if I cough or something. How do I get it to record just the music and not capture any sounds from the room? Is it because my imac is not set up for this? Or do I need a griffin imic? PLEASE
tell me what the heck I am doing wrong and how to hook this up with the
correct preferences etc. THANK YOU!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5Ghz, 768Mb RAM, 80gb hard drive-imac G4-ipod touch 32Gb 3g-Macbook 2.4ghz, 2BG RAM
When you open Cd spin doctor, select 'new recording', then click the 'input setting' drop down menu. At 'input source' select 'line in'. You may also need to raise the input volume to suit.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.