iBook Warped Shell/Battery?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2 GHz 2 GB RAM 120 GB HD.
Hello all. This has been bugging me for awhile but I've since ignored it. I figured someone here may have a quick solution or something to say about the issue.

Anyway heres the annoyance.

The first pics is how my battery is normal. The second pic is how it should look normal. The battery always hangs out a little bit, it doesn't affect anything but it sure is annoying. Anyone seen this before or know how to fix it besides duct tape?

Thanks.

Reaction score
....hmm....

Apparently this is not uncommon... My iBook is the exact same... I've had it for about a year.

Its just one of those things I guess.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
I had the same issue with mine. If you really want to fix it you can take it out. Then put the tab that locks it in back out. Then the brute force comes in. Bend the tab downtowards towards the part that is normally on the bottom with some pliers. I did it to mine and now looks fine, a little scary though.

OP
Wobbly_Cheese
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow, nice idea. It worked great for me. I barely had to bend it at all and it looks much better. I no longer have a warranty so no worries there. Thanks for the suggestion!! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core solo Mac mini 1.5GHz, Headless Powerbook G4 500MHz
Welcome To M-F wobbly_Cheese.

OP
Wobbly_Cheese
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macmini3399 said:
Welcome To M-F wobbly_Cheese.

Thanks! Glad to see this place is friendly AND helpful. :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
its completely normal, its just the springs inside it pushing it, dont even worry

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.