ipad 1 slows down and speeds up again!

Reaction score
I've got an iPad 1, which suddenly started slowing down a few weeks ago. I wasn't able to put it back to factory settings (I bought it second hand - only discover that the previous owner had jail-breaked it) and I was about to despair. Then suddenly, without me apparently doing anything, it's started to run fast again. Anyone got any idea why?

C

chas_m

without knowing how full the iPad is, or whether you're talking about internet connection, there's really no way to tell.

I would put that unit into emergency mode (DFU) and reset it back to factory -- jailbroken, there could be any kind of spyware on there ...

OP
R
Reaction score
Hi Chas_m

Everything went slowly - connecting to the Internet, Apps on the iPad. Sometimes Apps would simply not work at all and then suddenly it all speeded up as normal. In Storage terms, I've got 7.4GB available and 6.5GB used.

I did try to reset it. I went to Settings, General, Settings and tried Erase All Content and Settings but the little wheel just kept turning for ages until I eventually switched it off and , when I turned it on again, nothing was reset. I'd really like to clear it out and start again. But I'm not sure how to.How to I go into DFU?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.