Lost downloads

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X Desktop, 10.11.3 El Capitan
Today, I downloaded an upgrade to Safari and when I looked in "Finder" there was NOTHING in "Downloads". Any suggestions as to where to look for the download? This has happened several times lately and it's very frustrating.
Thanks in advance for your help.'
Mac 10.9.2 Mavericks Desktop IMac
Sam

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The upgrade download for Safari or any other Apple application will not show up in your downloads folder. The upgrade directly installs to Safari or other Apple application as required. Check your Safari "About"... it should say 7.0.3.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
And to add to the above, anything from the Mac App Store will do the same. You can even have Automatic Download Updates set in the System Preferences, so anything will download and update without you having to.
The acceptation to this, is System updates, or when you have a App open, when it needs to be shutdown for it to do the update.

Anything you download from outside the Mac App Store will always go to your Download Folder.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Download Problems

The upgrade download for Safari or any other Apple application will not show up in your downloads folder. The upgrade directly installs to Safari or other Apple application as required. Check your Safari "About"... it should say 7.0.3.

Thanks so much. Is this something new or what? I've downloaded apps before and they appeared in "Downloads" and I had to double-click, install, etc???
Thank you zoo much!!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Nope, nothing new. Same since Apple launched the Mac App Store and for their software updates. Downloads from other developers downloaded not from the Mac App Store will go to your downloads folder.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
"Downloads Problem"

Thanks for your help. I could have sworn that ALL DL's show up but you must be right - it just "installed"!!!
Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.