Wondershare PDF Pro FREE!

Reaction score
Just a heads up...
You can get a FREE copy of Wondershare PDF Editor Pro (a legitimate alternative to the very expensive Adobe Acrobat Pro, including OCR!) which will only be available for the next few days:

Wondershare PDF Editor Pro for Mac or PC downloads for free

Some hints and tricks for downloading and using Wondershare PDF Editor Pro:

They ask for your e-mail address to download and register your copy. It's likely that they are going to spam that address. So, instead of giving them your real e-mail address, create a free temporary e-mail address at which to receive your registration code using Mailinator:
Mailinator
Instructions: Give them an e-mail that you make up in the @mailinator.com domain. e.g.: [email protected]
After you give them that e-mail address, and they say that they have sent you the registration code, go to the Maininator Web site, put your made up e-mail address into the field, hit Return, and pick up your registration e-mail from Wondershare.

There is a mini-tutorial for Wondershare here:
Mac PDF Editor Pro ? Edit PDF files on Mac (Support OCR)

It's not entirely obvious how to delete text in a PDF in Wondershare. Here's how you do it:
Mac PDF Editor Pro ? Edit PDF files on Mac (Support OCR)

Enjoy!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Thanks Randy. I have been meaning to take a look at this piece of software. I've got a project I'd like to work on this summer that will need good OCR software.

OP
Randy B. Singer
Reaction score
Thanks Randy. I have been meaning to take a look at this piece of software. I've got a project I'd like to work on this summer that will need good OCR software.

My pleasure!

If it hadn't been free I wouldn't have even looked at something named "Wondershare." ;)

It's not as good as a couple of others that I've seen, but it's good for the price (free).

Other possibilities, other than forking out over $400 for Acrobat Pro:

PDFpen ($60)
PDFpen: Mac PDF Editor - Edit, Sign, and Correct PDFs

PDF Studio Pro ($129)
PDF Studio - PDF Editor for Mac OS X, Windows, Linux

PDF Nomad ($40)
https://sintraworks.com/index.php/sintraworks/pdfnomad_home/

PDF Editor Pro ($99)
PDF Editor Pro for Mac | MacAppware – Mac optimizer, Mac fonts, Mac logo design, Mac bundles and more

PDF Converter Mac ($100)
PDF Converter for Mac - PDF Converter for Mac | Nuance - Nuance

There are other PDF manipulation utilities, of course, including Preview, which can do a lot. But all of the above have the ability to delete/replace existing text in a PDF, and to do OCR. That's what makes them potential replacements for Acrobat Pro.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I have one of the version of PDF Pen (Pro I think) but haven't really taken time to put it through its paces.

It's the OCR function that's most interesting to me. My wife has a number of magazines with craft patterns in them. Since the mags are several years old most are not in digital format. It would be nice to scan them to something that is searchable.

Reaction score
Wonder share

Acrobat lets you PDF an entire web site not just landing page or selected URL. Do you know if the wonder share product does.
Thanks
Greg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Expired 4/6/14 in case anyone is reading down this far...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.