Is Pages 09 compatible with Maverick?

Reaction score
Is Pages 09 compatible with Maverick? I see numerous reviews saying that people prefer Pages 09 to the current version.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes, Pages 09 is compatible with Mavericks. However, Apple just recently updated Pages 5 to version 5.2 and that has restored many of the functions that were previously removed from Pages. Pages 5 (along with Numbers and Keynote) are free with a purchase of a new Mac otherwise they sell for $19.99 each in the Mac App Store.

Reaction score
Is Pages 09 compatible with Maverick? I see numerous reviews saying that people prefer Pages 09 to the current version.

Just some notes...

If you already have Pages 09, and you install the current version, Pages 09 isn't erased and it still works just fine. So if you already have Pages 09, and you are entitled to a free upgrade, you have nothing to lose by installing the upgrade.

In the future, if you want to know if a particular application works under Mavericks, there is a really nice, free, database listing app compatibility here:

RoaringApps
RoaringApps - Application compatibility and feature support for OS X and iOS

RoaringApps' info for Pages 09:
RoaringApps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 9/3/10 OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Firefox 26,0 iPad, iPod Touch
Can Pages 09 be updated w/o buying new $19.99 version?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Can Pages 09 be updated w/o buying new $19.99 version?

Did you buy Pages 09 from the Mac App Store? Even if you didn't I would try anyway... go to the Mac App Store and see if it offers the new version for free. Same thing for Numbers and Keynote. Won't hurt to try.

OP
D
Reaction score
Did you buy Pages 09 from the Mac Store?

It would be a nice idea to get a free upgrade, but I did not buy it from the Mac Store. I actually bought Pages 08 near the end of 2008 and wanted to upgrade to '09 but since I did not buy it from the Mac Store, I would need to buy it again. I heard that there were some bugs with the newer additions, so I was trying to see about the '09 edition of Pages. Thanks anyway!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Go to the following LINK and read the article. The author claims you can get a free download of Pages, Numbers, and Keynote even if you didn't buy a new Mac. The newer additions have been recently updated and should work well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.