side fold greeting card out of 8.5 x 11 in folded paper into fourths

Reaction score
How do I make a greeting card in Pages or another Mac program in which you take a piece of paper 8.5 x 11 inches and fold it into fourths so that the fold is on the left (side fold)? The Side Folded card will be 5.5 inches h x 4.25 inches width when you fold the paper. I can do this in MS Publisher but would like to do this in Pages or another Mac Program. I need a template since some of the printing has to be done upside down. MS Publisher is able to print on the 4 visible pages of the greeting card which again is just a folded piece of paper. Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I moved your post here to our "Apps and Games" forum where you may get some better responses.

As to your question: The easiest way is to find a template that does what you wish and then make adjustments as needed. There are numerous templates available for Pages which are included with the application plus many add on groups of templates are available in the Mac App Store. Most are less than $10 and some are free. Browse thru them until you find something that suits your needs.

The closest affordable Mac OS X program to MS Publisher is called iStudio Publisher and sells for $17.99 in the Mac App Store. It's a great program very similar in layout and usage to MS Publisher, however, it lacks the amount of templates that MS Publisher comes with.

I do not recommend programs other than Pages or iStudio Publisher simply because they are either too expensive and/or difficult to learn and use. Since you received Pages for free, I would press on and try to learn how to use it. It's also a word processor.

By the way, you may be able to make a four fold greeting card in landscape mode simply by creating four columns and applying the correct margins and separations. I've done that for various bulletins we create.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for moving this question to the Apps section. Do you think it would be worth it to buy updated software? I have Pages 08 and Office for Mac 08. Yes, I am running Maverick OS. Thanks again.

M

MacInWin

To figure it out, take a blank sheet of paper and fold it like you want to fold the final document. Then number each page 1, 2, 3, and 4 with the numbers upright. Make the number large and centered. Now unfold the paper and you have a template of how to put stuff in the document for printing, including where to put it and what the orientation should be. Now use chscag's suggestion of columns or use a 2x2 table to create the four sections and put in the material. That's the lazy-man's approach, anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Thanks for moving this question to the Apps section. Do you think it would be worth it to buy updated software? I have Pages 08 and Office for Mac 08. Yes, I am running Maverick OS. Thanks again.

Not sure about the size you want, but the standard 4-fold cards can be easily handled by iStudio Publisher - the app is inexpensive plus their website is excellent (I downloaded a template that would do the chore you want) - below is a Valentine's card that I made for my wife - worked fine w/ little practice - SO, just a 'thumbs up' to this app. Dave :)

Screen Shot 2014-04-03 at 11.13.11 PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.