• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Mac to iPad movie transfer?

Reaction score
Hello All,

I would like to transfer movies that I have downloaded intp VUZE (not in iTunes) onto my new iPad Air. My iTunes is 11.1.5 (5) 64 bit and my iPad is IOS 7.1. Thank you for the help.

Respectfully,
Fred

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you copy the movies from VUZE into your iTunes library, they can be synced to your new iPad Air. You don't necessarily have to download movies or other media via iTunes in order to copy them into your iTunes library. We do this all the time with home recordings so that we can sync them to iPods.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2021 iMac running Sonoma. 1TB SSD, 16 gigs RAM. iPhone 15 Max Pro, iPad Air
I posted on another page using Handbrake (that has been suggested here by others also) to convert a DVD to the HD. Then it's easily dragged into iTunes and synced to the iPad. It's very easy to do.

Reaction score
Yes you should be able to import to library directly from the 'Vuze Downloads' folder that is automatically created.

Reaction score
I have the same problem however I loaded my ipad using itunes on a PC, and now itunes on my mac says it has to erase everything loaded from the PC before I can sync a new movie from my mac?? any work arounds - I don't want to lose everything on my ipad!!

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Backup everything on your iPad to either your Mac or to iCloud. Then when you sync with iTunes on your Mac (new library) you can restore from backup. You can also copy your library elsewhere before you sync. Afterward, import the movies and music into your new library on the Mac.

Reaction score
THAT IS TOO SIMPLE- Thanks for bringing it to my attention!!!! Switching from a PC leaves me frustrated at times!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
And as I answered you in your other thread its is possible,(http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/312688-how-load-movie-ipad-2-using-mac-now-instead-pc.html) and it won't necessarily delete your iPad, and I'm not sure why it says so, but I know it won't, because I get it all the time when I'm on a new Library, as long as you have the same Apple ID.

And please only post once on the subject so we don't get the run around from thread to thread :)

Cheers

Maybe a merge is needed Charlie ??

Last edited:
Reaction score
To explain a bit farther- when I went to sync the new movie to the old ipad, a warning came up from itunes that stated, "If you sync this library, then you will lose your old library in the process- Do you want to continue?" or there about those words. This is why I was looking for a workaround- Thanks again!! Will only post once- but saw the same almost area and decided to jump in...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.