mac book pro death by adware

Reaction score
mac book pro death by adware and god know's what else my macbook-pro is eat up with add's everywhere i look ive got add's poping up there causing my mac to load everthing super slow i only had this mac over a year my tec support with apple has just ran out sad but my mac is acting like its running windows ive went through all the steps i know of on checking popup block & activity monitor for the normal stuff how would i go about just removing everything and starting over from install CD's thats how i fixed my older mac's in the past they came with copys of install cd'd i dont care if a lose file's or anything but the problem im having is unlike my older mac's this one i dont think came with any backup cd's i would be so gratefully if anyone could point me in the right direction or offer a beter way to fix my problem and im very sorry if i posted this in the wrong spot

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Can you really say that all in one breath??;) How about some sentences/periods.:)

I'm not trying to be a "Grammer-Nazi"...it's just much easier to read when sentences are used.:)

- Nick

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Can you really say that all in one breath??;) How about some sentances/periods.:)

I'm not trying to be a "Grammer-Nazi"...it's just much easier to read when sentences are used.:)

- Nick

+++ to that!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
Help us help you. By using proper sentence structure, you will communicate your thoughts, ideas, and questions in a way that will precisely get your point across.

There are ad blocking extensions for your browser. I'm sure somebody here can provide a name and a link to one for your favorite browser. I use Safari Adblocker and it works perfectly. It is available at the App Store. Also, you may want to consider downloading and running ONYX, It is a fantastic maintenance tool and may resolve all your Mac's issues by cleaning out old cookies, caches, and temporary files. Make sure you download the correct version designed for your OS.

Last edited:
C

chas_m

I use the Safari extension Adblock. I did not read the original post -- I gave up on solid blocks of text with no capitalization or punctuation a long time ago.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Blooming heck no can't read it but as suggested Adblock at least.

OP
C
Reaction score
mac osx 10.9.2

my macbook has become unusable because of popups and addware and running very slow can anyone help me on how to go about fixing this please? ive tryed time machine and there's no back date for me to use..and ive already look in Activity Monitor and nothing is using up to much cpu. at this point im game for removing everything and starting over fresh with the CD's they came with and that worked they walked you through it more less. but this mac didnt come with them cd's so thats out also i shore would be grate full for any help .

Last edited:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Threads merged. No need to start a 2nd thread for the exact same question.

Thanks,

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
my macbook has become unusable because of popups and addware can anyone help me on how to go about fixing this please

This is not something due to OS 10.9.2 (thread title)...more than likely something was downloaded & installed which is causing the issues.

Can you be more specific as to when the pop-ups occur...and do any of them occur more than others (specific advertisers/products)?

- Nick

Reaction score
Try using AdwareMedic its free and cured a few problems for me, it wont stop them getting in but will clean things up. current version is 2.2.1

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.