Firefox discrepency?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
I run Firefox on both our MacBook Pro and iMac 21 1/2. Both are on Mavericks and both are on the latest Firefox and as far as I can make out they both have the same preferences. But when I try to access the router screen the iMac displays it correctly while the MacBook shows almost nothing. This has only been the case for a few days. I have just tried it again and now it only displays a blank screen!

Any ideas as to what is happening please folks?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
What happens if you use Safari on both computers?

- Nick

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
I have to say that I hadn't thought of trying it on Safari, but I have just done so and it appears exactly the same on our MBP. I haven't tried it on our iMac as it is switched off and we are about to go to bed. Early dentist appointment for SWMBO !

Oh how I hate these toy computers! Give me a mainframe 10 days a week!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
When you try to access the router from the MacBook are you connecting wirelessly? I think it is possible to configure many routers so you cannot access the setup pages when connected wirelessly.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have to say that I hadn't thought of trying it on Safari, but I have just done so and it appears exactly the same on our MBP. I haven't tried it on our iMac as it is switched off and we are about to go to bed.

If Safari does exactly the same thing as Firefox (on each computer)...then it's not an application issue...it's probably a settings/setup issue.

- Nick

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It' WAS the same on both ethernet and wifi, but I have just tried it again this morning and the dammed thing is fine now!

It was always OK on wifi on both machines, but suddenly it just went haywire on this MBP.

There is something very strange going on with our MBP. Yesterday both of my e-mail addresses went off line for several hours. I started a seperate thread on it. Then after I had chased my tail trying to check everything and compairing it with our iMac for several hours I gave up for the moment and went to see what was going on a couple of hours later. I oened my Mail and the 3 'blocked' e-mails suddenly went to their destinations as soon as I looked at them in the Outbox.

What's the chance of there being a virus? If so, how do I find it??

I am running Comodo, but have had it disabled for a whle now, but I will run it when we get back home later this morning. The dentist calls!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.