Deleting movies

Reaction score
Hi I am new to this forum and to Mac computers so please bare with me. I have the basic MacBook Pro. I have just deleted a movie by going into all my files, finding and deleting. Is there an easier and more efficient way. It also surprises me that with one movie loaded I didn't have the memory to load another until I deleted the first. Just hope I am doing the right thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi I am new to this forum and to Mac computers so please bare with me. I have the basic MacBook Pro. I have just deleted a movie by going into all my files, finding and deleting. Is there an easier and more efficient way. It also surprises me that with one movie loaded I didn't have the memory to load another until I deleted the first. Just hope I am doing the right thing.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) In Finder, there is a 'Movies' category where films can be stored (at least on my MBPro) - is this folder present on your laptop? If not, you can open Finder > Preferences > Sidebar - check to see if 'Movies' is checked?

What MBPro model/year do you own, OS installed, and storage (total & available - go to the Apple > About This Mac > More Information > Storage) - the pic attached shows you total & used storage (a more accurate value can be obtained w Disk Utility or 3rd party apps)

Finally, what size movies are you putting on your computer, i.e. SD or HD, the latter take up much more space. Dave.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-02 at 10.35.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-02 at 10.35.32 AM.png
    107.1 KB · Views: 31
OP
S
Reaction score
RadDave, many thanks it's very helpful I am determined to get my head around my Mac, at 60 I am starting a little late but enjoying the ride

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
RadDave, many thanks it's very helpful I am determined to get my head around my Mac, at 60 I am starting a little late but enjoying the ride

Hi Steve - well, I'll be 68 y/o in a few weeks and just switched back to Apple last spring after 30+ years w/ PCs; SO don't blame it on your age! ;)

You did not provide answers to most of my questions - please do - may help? Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.