Making still images stay still (ie. no motion zoom effect) in iMovie

Reaction score
For some reason, when I load still jpg. images in the new iMovie, it defaults to that slowly zooming on the photo effect which I do not want. I can't see that there is any effect on the images. How do I stop this from happening? New to this version of iMovie and the old one just showed photos simply. It's probably something dumb but I can't figure it out so thanks for any pointers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
You need to turn the Ken Burns effect off. Click on the Adjust symbol above the Preview window, Then click on the Crop button, and click on Fit.

OP
B
Reaction score
You need to turn the Ken Burns effect off. Click on the Adjust symbol above the Preview window, Then click on the Crop button, and click on Fit.

That's the ticket. Thank you mightily. :D I guess it defaults to the Ken Burns effect.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.