Wireless router

Reaction score
Recently purchased a Linksys E900 router.

The router software supports these operating system
"Unsupported Operating System"
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later
- Mac OS X 10.6.1 or later
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later

I have Mac OS X 10.9.2

Need some help here, Thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Pulling up info it seems it does not show support past 10.6.8.
Have you already tried to hook it up also the forum could use your help what OS ,computer,make and model
and model year?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
A router Routes. Any computer with any OS should work with a modern router. I am scratching my head here. I have 15 routers around here, all different brands, Models and all work with every computer and every OS I have used.

If it means accessing the settings, you do that through a Web Browser except on the Apple routers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
A router Routes. Any computer with any OS should work with a modern router. I am scratching my head here. I have 15 routers around here, all different brands, Models and all work with every computer and every OS I have used.

If it means accessing the settings, you do that through a Web Browser except on the Apple routers.

I'm with Dennis on this one. You rarely ever need the software that comes with a router for configuration. As already noted, pretty much everything I have seen is accessible from a web browser.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
The web url I used for Linksys was 192.168.1.1 but I have not set up one in years mostly Apple,Netgear and DLink for the last couple of years.
Not sure what the software would add that comes with the e series that you could not do through the web interface.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.