Pass Word Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10.12.4. plus an older mac
Back from the Genius Bar with restored OS on my vintage 13 year old Mac, I believe it was 10.7 and not sure what the gentleman put on after clearing out my HD.

I seem to have successfully restored material from Time Machine. However my password does not work. I am sure it is the correct PW. The reset option asks again. I am using the correct pw.

Gratitude fot any help. I realize I need a new computer but want to see if this can work.

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can't run OS X 10.7 on a 13 year old Mac. So which Mac do you have, year and model? If the genius bar installed a new version of OS X on your machine, you'll need to setup a new account or restore everything from Time Machine first before logging on.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Desktop Password Problem

Hi and thanks for your response. I wish I had started a new account at the beginning of this large transfer (now complete),

I do not recall my model number and cannot find it on the exterior of the IMac desktop.
It has an older aspect ration.

I have scheduled another trip to the Genius Bar for tomorrow.

Thanks and sorry I am so vague.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
u say - However my password does not work.
Password for what?

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PW for ...

Its the PW one needs to get into the Mac. There is GUEST, then me. I have an appointment at the Genuis Bar tomorrow and will post results.

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.