" you need to restart your computer........."

Reaction score
Two years no problems with my iBook. Now, while working, screen darkens, " you need to restart your computer........." message appears on screen and everything freezes forcing a restart. what could be happening?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
a common cause of kernel panics is due to bad ram.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
or ram that is not propperly seeded.. if you added more ram recently try to take it out and put it back in firmly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2ghz Core Duo Macbook, 2ghz RAM, 60gb Hard drive, SuperDrive
then restart your computer ;-)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MBP
ah, so that's what a kernel panic is. I never really knew what it stemmed from, just that it wasn't good. Hope your problem works out quickly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
iRock said:
Oh no.... dudes... that happened to me before this happened... see post:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31018

..... Now its just not working like it should.... I cant listen to any iTunes or anything..... I havent touched the RAM or anything like that and I have my iBook for over a year now.

You are not exactly allowed to promote your own thread in somebody elses thread.. It is not really polite either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i just realized his ibook falls into the time frame for the logic board replacement thing for ibooks. the described cause of his problems does not match what could go wrong, but might be the beginning. bring it to an apple store and see whats up.

-chris

Reaction score
PowerBookG4 said:
You are not exactly allowed to promote your own thread in somebody elses thread.. It is not really polite either.

Apologies.... I was just trying to get to the bottom of a problem with my iBook too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.