Old style bookmarks in Safari after upgrade to 6.1.2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP17 8GB/1.9TB 2xSSDs Sierra • MBA11 4/128GB • TC 2TB • TV3 • iPh6 128GB • iPadPro12
Is it possible to revert to old style bookmarks layout and behaviour in Safari after upgrade to 6.1.2? This is the only thing holding me off from upgrading to Mavericks on my MBP17.

I have a rather large and multi-layered bookmark system and the new layout, while quite nice for a small screen and a simple, couple of hundred bookmarks structure, is not working well for a complicated one, with folders inside folders, etc, etc...

I'd really like to be able to see a full bookmark page, with names and actual addresses, and one that goes away, once I click on a particular site, just like it is in Safari 6.0.5 at the moment.

One more thing - apparently there's no direct way to edit a URL in the new version - I had to go the top menu, instead of just clicking on the address and editing it, as before.

Hopefully there's a way to keep the old bookmark system :\

Any help greatly appreciated

Last edited:
OP
MBP17•David
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP17 8GB/1.9TB 2xSSDs Sierra • MBA11 4/128GB • TC 2TB • TV3 • iPh6 128GB • iPadPro12
So, I could no longer justify holding off an upgrade, considering security implications … typing this in updated Safari 6.1.3

Not only the bookmarks system has been dumb down - no actual address visible, and the list stays on, after selecting a particular bookmark, but the layout makes it impossible (well, impractical) to have multi-tiered system with folders inside folders…

Does no one know how to revert back to the old bookmark system? Ooooh, I'm gonna miss it :(

C

chas_m

I read these posts and honestly had NO idea what you were talking about -- then I realized you must be accessing your bookmarks from the little icon on the far left side of the top of Safari.

Instead, press option-command-b, or go to the menubar, click "Bookmarks" and select "Edit bookmarks."

OP
MBP17•David
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, yes I know about it, and do use it when I need to edit/move a few bookmarks at a time, etc, but it was VERY convenient to just click on the icon and see three panes with folders in a separate one, which is still much better than via Bookmarks | Edit two-pane setup …

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.