iPod Mini/Video iPod Dilemma

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Okay, so I picked up an open-boxed 4gb, silver iPod mini today at Futureshop for $225, came to like $258 and some odd change after taxes. Anyways, I asked the dude if it had a color screen on it, and he said yeah. I kinda had a bad feeling about this guy because when I asked him if they had 1gb Nano's in stock, he said that they only have the 512mb version, referring to the Shuffle, so I was thinking in the back of my mind that this guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

So anyways, I get it home, plug it into my PowerBook and I turn it on, and I notice the Apple logo is in a monochrome LCD! It wasn't color at all!

So I've decided 1 of 2 things are going to happen on Friday. I'm either going to take it back and get a refund, or, take it back and put the money from the Mini towards a new 30gb video iPod in black, since I get paid Friday.

My dilemma is basically, what should I do? Should I get the refund, or upgrade to the 30gb video iPod?

Z

zap2

Well since there never made Color Screen Minis, you also might not know what your talking about ;) Take it back for 30GB Vidoe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
upgrade to 30 gig.. is my oppinion..

OP
Audio.Trench
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
zap2 said:
Well since there never made Color Screen Minis, you also might not know what your talking about ;) Take it back for 30GB Vidoe

They actually do have color iPod minis, the one girl I work with has one, and check this link out LINKAGE. But I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the 30gb on friday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
punkr0x0r said:
They actually do have color iPod minis, the one girl I work with has one, and check this link out LINKAGE. But I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the 30gb on friday.

If you can show me an actual ipod mini with a color screen, I will buy it for you. Considering they never made them in the U.S. then you aren't getting one. Thinksecret is a bad example to use as proof by the way.

Reaction score
The two generations of the iPod mini were externally almost identical, with the differences lying in their storage and battery capacities. Both versions were 3.6 by 2.0 by 0.5 inches (91 by 51 by 13 mm) and weighed 3.6 ounces (102 grams).
Source: Wikipedia, Article about iPod Mini

Apple never made that iPod because your articel probably refers to Apple's plans on iPod Nano, which got released only together with ROKR late in that year. They also did put color across all iPods for a couple of weeks before they just brought out the iPod Video.
No such thing as a color screen iPod mini. At leas not manifactured by Apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.