Where did my iPhoto go?

Reaction score
MacBook OSX 10.6.8 : replaced the battery, reloaded everything .. but iPhoto has gone into exile apparently; attempted to do Other Install from the install disk, but there's no iPhoto on there. What's with this?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The Snow Leopard retail DVD does not contain iPhoto nor any of the iLife applications. You need the Snow Leopard boxed set for that or the original disks that came with your Mac.

Restore iPhoto and other applications from the backup you made prior to reloading everything.

Reaction score
I got the same problem after a re-install. I'm certain that I had it installed but it has disappeared. I have a few older OS discs and tried to find iLife on one of my older discs but to no avail.

Does anybody know which OS came with iLife??

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The original install disk sets of Leopard and Snow Leopard contain iLife. But you will need a special utility to extract it from the disk (usually disk 2). Pacifist is what you need.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.