Keynote in the classroom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air 2012
I use keynote along with my MacBook Air 2012 in my instruction for Science and History. The projector I use is not HD and I connect using a thunderbolt to VGA converter. When I connect, the projector display is ok but the screen on my Mac is very large. I have to disconnect the projector in order to close out a screen. Is there way for the projector screen and my Mac screen to be of similar size proportionately? I get tired of always disconnecting the projector anytime I need to make changes to my keynote project.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
When you say the screen on your Mac is very large I assume you're referring to resolution? The question then, is what resolution are you using on your Mac? (Tell us which Mac you have.) Your Mac should always be set at its native resolution. The VGA resolution of the projector is probably set at something like 800 x 640 or maybe lower depending on the type of projector you're using. You can't change that.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air 2012
I have a Macbook Air 13-inch, Mid 2012
1.8 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB RAM
Running Mavericks 10.9.2
My screen resolution is set at Scaled 1440 x 900

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
My screen resolution is set at Scaled 1440 x 900

The native resolution is correct for your model MBA (1440 x 900). The problem is that you have it set to scaled which will make objects appear larger - especially print. Uncheck the option for scaled and see if that helps.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air 2012
Thanks, I'll have to wait until Monday to try this but I thank you for your quick reply.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.