AppleTV not in sync w/ iTunes

Reaction score
I made some changes to my iTunes media folder [Movies] that I realize in hind-sight were not made the way Apple recommends.

I manually removed, changed the format and name, then returned the files to the original iTunes folder.

The 'new' files do not show up in the ATV menu.

Is there a fast, easy fix for this or should I just call AppleCare?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I quite literally have absolutely no idea what you did. The best thing to do is remove all your listings in iTunes, then drag and drop your media back into it.

It makes no difference ultimately where you store your media. If you want your files kept in a specific location, then turn off the option in iTunes to "Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding..." before dropping your media back in iTunes.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
When you put the files back into iTunes did you put them in the folder yourself or did you use iTunes to do it? If you used the Finder, for example, iTunes won't know about the changes unless you rebuild the library.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.