Wireless Problem

Reaction score
I’m have my MacBook Airv(OS X 10.9.2 connecting to the Internet via my wireless network which is operated through AirPort Express (5th Generation) 802.11n.)router. I’m trying to get my HP with Windows 7and a 2.40GHz Intel Core i3-370M processor and 802.11 b/g/n Wireless to connect to my wireless network but it says it cannot. The diagnostic program cannot resolve it either. The HP does connect to my neighbors unsecured network and I didn’t have any trouble with my old router/network. I installed Airport Utility on the HP but that didn’t solve the problem either. Does anybody have any solutions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" rMBP, iPhone 6, iPad4, iPad Mini Retnia, WHS 2011
Add your HP's MAC Address to list on your router. Also check to see if router firfewall is blocking new connections.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What method of encryption are you using?

OP
H
Reaction score
WPA2 Personal for the network & AVG on the HP computer. The crazy thing is that I decided to set up a secured guest network and the Windows 7 connected to that but I still can't connect to the other one.

OP
H
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I'm new to Apple and Airport Express and as a result do not know how to comply with either of your suggestions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" rMBP, iPhone 6, iPad4, iPad Mini Retnia, WHS 2011
I don't think that AVG is blocking you but it is worth a try to disable it while trying to connect with your HP. Since you are able to connect to the guest network that eliminates it being a problem with the AirPort Express.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.