HELP Spreadsheets (Excel) ?!!?

Reaction score
I just got a MacBook air, which is great. However I am finding it is impossible to do anything more then the basics with spreadsheets. Pivot tables, Vlookups either do nothing, or crashes Excel. I am going to have to send this thing back if I cant figure it out. Quick search says this is a known issue. What is the known solution?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't know what a new MacBook Air has to do with Excel not working right? But if you're having difficulty with Excel, perhaps the folks at the Microsoft Mac Office forums can help. The link is here. If your problem is truly with the MBA, then by all means take it to Apple for resolution.

OP
E
Reaction score
My problem is not with my Mac book, my problem is I cant do my job using a Macbook air, unless someone has a solution to run spreadsheets. I am asking for alternatives to Excel...I am aware the problem is with MS, but thanks anyway. Very helpful post...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Since you have a new MacBook Air, you should have been notified by Apple that you can download their iWork applications for free from the Mac App store. Although I have Microsoft Office for the Mac 2011 which includes Excel, I prefer instead to use "Numbers" which is part of the iWork suite. My spreadsheets are not complex though, so you should give Numbers a try first before deciding on using it in lieu of Excel. Since it's free, you've nothing to lose.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Same as the above post regarding Libre Office, a free download.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.