Is Updating "Show Info" data remotely possible in iTunes?

Reaction score
I keep my iTunes stuff on a Mac Mini connected to my TV. I've got roughly 1.5Tb of media on there.

My primary computer is a mac laptop. When sitting here messing around with the iTunes stuff I notice misspellings (my fault), would like to group various audiobooks.

I would like to make these updates from my laptop rather than having to go onto the keyboard for the mac mini.

Is this possible? Is there a "administer iTunes remotely" checkbox that I'm missing?

Thanks
DanH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Have you looked at Screen Sharing ?? Basically both Macs are enable to Screen Share in System Preferences and look for the Mac Mini in the Finder Sidebar and click on it then connect and away you go.
You have the Mac mini screen on you MBP and you can do what you want :) Like drop that important file into dropbox, but can't be bothered walking from the bedroom lol

Screen Sharing ~ Apple kb 14148

OP
D
Reaction score
Ohhhh, that sounds like a winner for much more than just this item.
Thanks! I'll have to look into it.

This sounds a lot like XHost and the DISPLAY variable in *NIX. That'll work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.