PST file to MBOX file conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestions for Outlook PST file conversion to Apple Mail MBOX.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Do you have access to a windows pc?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
A very direct answer is provided in the blog entry below, which shows how to use Thunderbird as an intermediary to achieve PST to MBOX:

Outlook .pst to .mbox conversion | Lukassen's Blog

There are also a variety of purchasable programs that will do the same thing. If you Google "PST to MBOX" you will find lots. One that stood out for me, but with a $50.00 price tag, is:

Convert email from Outlook (.pst or Exchange) to mbox format

I have not used this particular tool, so I cannot vouch for it, but it looks legit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP17 8GB/1.9TB 2xSSDs Sierra • MBA11 4/128GB • TC 2TB • TV3 • iPh6 128GB • iPadPro12
The cheap utility Emailchemy can handle this.

Another thumbs up for Emailchemy - when I moved from Linux to OS X about five years ago, for quite a while (as in two years), I was still using Thunderbird (having previously moved my entire email setup from Windows to Linux about nine years prior to that, and very reluctant to do it again), and this little app did exactly what I needed: converted almost two decades worth of emails, with eight different accounts in multi-layered folder structure to Mail with minimum fuss. Great stuff. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.