New to troubleshooting Mac OS X

Reaction score
Hello all i have taken in the past a cert training on how to build Macs etc but for a while I have been on Windows. So I am returning to troubleshooting Mac OS's and wanted to know are there any good sites to update etc , troubleshoot. Also are there any messengers to be able to add friends like back in the days when people used yahoo messenger

Reaction score
As far as troubleshoot, you found it here :)
Messengers? Adium, and the one built in to OS X, Messages. Multiple accounts..AIM, Jabber, Yahoo etc.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hello all i have taken in the past a cert training on how to build Macs etc ...

How to "build" Mac's?? This must have been an interesting course. Mac's aren't "built"...they're manufactured. Mac's don't get "built" like Windows desktop boxes.

Maybe you took a course on how to "repair" Mac's...not "build" them.:)

- Nick

OP
nexusxox
Reaction score
response

Well if the computer is in parts not assembled so you are basically putting it together or building them. As for the troubleshooting I wanted to know if there are any other sites other then this forum and does any one know bash scripting

;D

Reaction score
There's a few of us here, what do you need to know?

OP
nexusxox
Reaction score
Maybe Outlook for Mac 2011 and basic troubleshooting to advanced troubleshooting tips

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Well if the computer is in parts not assembled so you are basically putting it together or building them.

In your original post...you mentioned taking a "cert training on how to build Macs". I mentioned that we don't "build Mac's"...like Windows folks "build" computers.

And your response was you were putting together a Mac from parts. This really isn't "building"...it's "assembling". "Building" to me means you are selecting from a bunch of different parts (parts with varying specs)...which ones to use with the "build".

Like different cpu's, different logic boards, different cases, different video cards, different sound cards, etc. This is the way folks "building" Windows computers "build" a computer.

With Mac's...you don't really have all these part choices. There's sort of one set of parts for a particular model Mac (not much if any choices). So you are really not "building" you are "assembling" the parts.

And if you took a certification course for this "building". What sort of course as it...where did you take the course?

As for the troubleshooting I wanted to know if there are any other sites other then this forum and does any one know bash scripting

Can you tell us...what is your goal with all of this troubleshooting?

- Nick

C

chas_m

I get the distinct feeling that both the course and the troubleshooting are not geared around products made by Apple if you get my drift. There's no such thing as a certification course to build Apple products.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.