Safari and PubSub

Reaction score
Greetings,
For the past several months I have been having trouble with Safari hanging up (Safari 5.0.6 on OS 10.5.8) and just noticed, via Activity Monitor, that PubSubAgent was active, then found large folders in library/pubsub/ folder -
1) might PubSub, or these large folders, be at the origin of Safari hangups? (I don't need or use RSS at all) and I suppose that these huge files have just been accumulating ....
2) is it safe to emply these sub-folders in /library/pubsub e.g., feeds, databases ?
Thank you in advance,
Best Regards from Switzerland,
Alff

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can empty or delete those sub folders if you don't use RSS. At some time in the future if you do use RSS they'll build a new data base.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks, chscag, I removed the files, and changed the safari rss preferences to prevent further accumulation - and so far so good -

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.