Kingston 1GB RAM $110 CAN Good? or Worth Upgrading?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.4GHz (AL) iMac+
This is what I use my Mac Mini...Safari, iPhoto, LimeWire, iTunes and Movies/MP3

I have 512MB and can get a Kingston 1GB RAM for $110 CAN...is it really necessary to upgrade, is the price a great deal to pass up or can it wait?

How much is the 512MB worth when I sell it?

Thanks in advance...!!!

B

Badger

I've got the same model mini & RAM and I haven't found a reason to upgrade yet. On the other hand, the best price I've found is $144 C$ plus tax & shipping so $110 looks like a bargain.

Reaction score
Are you happy with the performance at the moment?

If you're not then it might be the right time to take advantage of the deal. But $110 is always going to be too much for anything you don't really need

Reaction score
London, Germany, USA, France, Holland, Belgium, Ca
Your Mac's Specs
Too many to list but have the latest to oldest macs.
mig.gentry said:
Are you happy with the performance at the moment?

If you're not then it might be the right time to take advantage of the deal. But $110 is always going to be too much for anything you don't really need

Alway good to get additinal ram if you can. If you can afford it. Get it you will appreacite the differance. Even if you are a light to medium user, the system will be that much faster and also your applications acn us ethe faster ram for cacheing rather tehn your harddrive. Also ilife will always thank you for it. Tiger runs ok on 512ram but add more in and it will purrr.

OP
i-VTEC
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.4GHz (AL) iMac+
I guess it's nice to have that extra kick....also it's PC3200 but the Kingston site say PC2700...???

Reaction score
London, Germany, USA, France, Holland, Belgium, Ca
Your Mac's Specs
Too many to list but have the latest to oldest macs.
i-VTEC said:
I guess it's nice to have that extra kick....also it's PC3200 but the Kingston site say PC2700...???

Lets be honest you will apprciate the differnce especaill when tuuninga few apps i.e limeiwire.

Also the ram will work at the slowest speed as in speed set by motherboard. Plus you can always sell your 512 and get something back, :dummy:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.