• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How to search this forum properly?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late '09 iMac; Late '11 MBAir, 2017 iMac from ****!
First off, I wasn't sure where I should post this so I thought I'd start here. ;-)

This October will mark my fourth year here on the forum, not as a guru but obtaining information on certain problems I've encountered since coming in from the Dark Side. I usually try and search this forum first before ever posting a thread, but I just do not seem to have much luck ever finding anything.

I even searched this topic first, using terms such as Help in searching, searching help, assistance with searching (this forum), etc. The topics that were returned to me were not even close to what I was looking for. This isn't a complaint against the search engine here on the forum, it's an appeal for some help on how to pose search queries.

Any tips from seasoned users here on how to search this site properly?

TIA!

Cheers!

Pat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I have the same problem, and not just here. It's a combination of luck and skill that I'm afraid cannot be taught. Maybe "practice makes perfect" but I'm still trying to practice.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The search feature in this forum software is surely lacking and so you might have better luck with a quick Google "hack" to help in your searching..

Open up a browser and go to google.com and then search this forum using

site:mac-forums.com <enter your search terms or phrase>

Hit up the links that are returned and go. The other nice thing is that Google isn't going to put a restriction on how small a search word/phrase has to be and so on like the forum software does..

OP
p_rod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late '09 iMac; Late '11 MBAir, 2017 iMac from ****!
Thanks for the answers, guys. I appreciate it. I thought it was just me :Blushing:

Cheers!

Pat

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.