Macbook Air unibody dented due to being dropped - any potential fixes?

Reaction score
Hey,

My Macbook air was accidentally dropped and has been left badly damaged (cosmetically) in one corner. I wouldn't have any idea of how to fix this myself and I don't really know what kind of shop this should be taken to to ask about it. Does anyone have any advice? My nearest Apple store in pretty much unreachable for me. I've attached a (incredibly low quality) picture for reference.

http://imgur.com/YP3KT0E

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Just for starters, what is the model/year of your MBAir, i.e. might you still be under warranty? Also, do you have Apple Care to extend the warranty? Finally, is the laptop still working normally or is there a problem(s) - might help others to provide more specific recommendations - good luck. Dave

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums..

Not sure there is anything you can do for this kind of cosmetic damage to the case since it's all just one big piece of aluminum. If it doesn't impede in the opening and closing of the case or anything else, you might just have to live with it..

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The image is clear enough to see the damage. As "Raz0rEdge" states it's one piece which means the entire case will have to be replaced. That's not an easy repair to do nor is it going to be cheap. You may be able to find a case on eBay and replace it yourself by following the instructions at iFixit: The free repair manual.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
You have not supplied model details but if more than 2-3 years old cut your losses, sell it on eBay for parts and invest in a new model and beware about dropping it!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Repairs would most likely be pretty expensive (parts & labor). Just got to live with it.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.