Best IPhones, Best deals

Reaction score
Many to choose from, 5c free with 2 yr. contract with Verizon, 4s free on ATT, 5s not free, $200.00 with 2 yr contract. Some say 5c is plastic, some say 5s best, what do the users think, recommend after using them, best deals out there?

In addition, anyone know if any good deals wil be forthcoming in the near future on iphones like the 5s?

Last edited by a moderator:

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
5C cover is indeed plastic and it has a subset of features as the 5S. 5S is the top of the line and if you are getting a new iPhone today, I wouldn't get anything other than the 5C or 5S..

The carrier depends on what you have and what you like, each of us have good and bad things to say about all the major ones..

The deals depend on the carriers, so check out their websites..

OP
G
Reaction score
You think the 5c would be a good choice for the casual smartphone user and of course the price is free unless the carriers cpme out with an awesome deal on the 5s soon?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Yeah the 5C is a perfectly good smartphone depending on what your day to day usage is. If you compare it to the 5S, it's only missing a few features and nothing that a casual user would miss likely..

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You think the 5c would be a good choice for the casual smartphone user and of course the price is free unless the carriers cpme out with an awesome deal on the 5s soon?

The 5c is a very capable phone. I have one and it does all I need it to do plus many other extras. As far as getting one for free... no one is giving them away including Verizon. They may subsidize the price but in the end you're paying for it. However, the nice thing about the Verizon iPhone 5c is that it's unlocked for GSM usage whereas if you get a phone from AT&T or Sprint, it will be locked. I have my 5c with T-Mobile and it too is unlocked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.