Pulled the trigger

Reaction score
Ordered my first Apple since the original IIe...looking forward to a 27" screen and a 3TB fission drive. YeeeeHaaa!!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Congrats.:) What's a "fission drive"?? I think you mean "fusion drive".;)

Give us an update when you get it...time to put that Apple IIe out to pasture.;)

- Nick

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Nick, that's the next generation of power-supplies for the iMac. The hard drive generates power through fission and doesn't rely on the power grid..though there might be issues with the side-effects of the fission reaction and all..:)

M

MacInWin

But a fusion power supply is only 20 years away...as it has been for about 50 years. As the White Queen said, "The rule is, jam to-morrow and jam yesterday – but never jam to-day."

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Nick, that's the next generation of power-supplies for the iMac. The hard drive generates power through fission and doesn't rely on the power grid..though there might be issues with the side-effects of the fission reaction and all..:)

ROTFLMAO

If you posted that as a tweet I bet someone would pick it up as a real story.

M

MacInWin

And to DonJ441, congratulations and welcome to the forum! I suggest you read, if you haven't already, the excellent post by chas_m here. If you are coming from Windows, that thread will help you over the learning curve much faster.

OP
D
Reaction score
Jake, I have...and it is.

Sorry about the misspelling...that seems to taken on a life of its own!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
When you give us an opening, even a crack, we're good at opening it up a bit..:)

Congrats on your purchase and let us know if we can help with you anything that's new to you from your Apple IIe days..I'm sure not much has changed..;)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

Awesome! I may finally have to break down & buy a new computer...and a roll of aluminum foil!;)

- Nick

C

chas_m

I'm looking forward to my next Mac, it will be so much faster/better than this one that I think it comes with a frisson drive!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.