FAT32 partition for exchanging data between OS

Reaction score
I have installed ubuntu along-side of OSX 10.7 on a mac mini. I first resized my original partition to make room for ubuntu. Now I find that I may have a need for a small partition that is unjournaled so that I can pass data from the ubuntu partition to the mac partition if necessary. Would a fat32 partition from an additional resizing of my remaining mac partition be a good solution?
thanks
tim

Last edited:
OP
T
Reaction score
[solved]

Being fearful of screwing up the method that chscag refers to (I am a klutz, after all) I "consulted" with a fellow mac dual-booter on the local LUG. His recommendation was small HFS+ partition set to case-sensitive. I then disabled journaling for the partition. That enables writing to the partition from linux.

BTW: Disabling journaling was a bit tricky (perhaps with good reason). I had to use the alt/option key along with a mouse click on the "File" menu to activate the disable item.

I'm calling this the solution and want to thank chscag for a prompt reply.

cheers
tim

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.