Reading a pdf on Iphone

Reaction score
I have Calibre and an Iphone 3gs. all I want to do is read my pdf's ebooks etc on my iphone. cam anyone tell me how??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hello & welcome to the forum! :)

On my iPad 2 (running iOS 7.1), I read PDFs in either iBooks or GoodReader, the latter a $5 purchase, but well worth the price for its features. Dave :)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Have a look at this review of the iBooks app. It specifically speaks to running it on the 3GS. It might meet your needs and I think it is free.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks guys

The Ibooks app doesnt work with a 3gs anymore. I tried to find an old version of the app but couldnt.

I have installed the Amazon app and am trying to find a way to upload them to the Amazon cloud which syncs with my Iphone.

I have uploaded pdf's but no joy, would I have to convert them to a specific format first or is it because they dont have amazon licences is the reason they wont work...? What is the Amazon file format, epub?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
If possible try running the search from the iPhone that you want to read the pdf on. I went through this when setting up my old first gen iPad for my wife. We had the same problem finding the correct Kindle app.

If we did the search from newer hardware all we saw was the newest version supported by that hardware. I could not see the appropriate version for the older iPad till I logged in from that device then I could see the last version supported by that device.

OP
D
Reaction score
No its not on there

I think I might hv to convert the file format before I upload it to the amazon cloud....?

C

chas_m

There are a number of PDF viewers on the App Store at various price points from free on up (though Goodreader is your best option IMO). You can simply mail yourself the PDFs if you want, the iPhone can read PDFs natively.

Reaction score
I bought GoodReader and using it, it is nice and worth the price.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.