Printer sharing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac Intel Duo 20"
Hi

I have just acquired a G5 and have set up and can see my windows pc on my wireless network, what I haven't figured is how to print from the Windows PC to my printer which is hooked up to the G5. Also I can't see the G5 from my PC but that isn't so much of an issue at the moment. Any help would be gratefully received.

T.I.A.

Adiemask

M

MJGUK

First things to do are.....

1) Go to System Prefs > Sharing and turn on Windows File Sharing and Printer Sharing.

Once you've turned on those services, you 'should' be able to see the G5 from the PC and you should also be able to find the printer on the network.

Regards,

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac Intel Duo 20"
MJGUK said:
First things to do are.....

1) Go to System Prefs > Sharing and turn on Windows File Sharing and Printer Sharing.

Once you've turned on those services, you 'should' be able to see the G5 from the PC and you should also be able to find the printer on the network.

Regards,

Thanks very much, that worked, you're very kind

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac Intel Duo 20"
MJGUK said:
No problem, take care and enjoy your new Mac! :)

Enjoying the Mac and can see the printer on the network along with my Windows PC's. The printer is installed on the Mac via USB and can be seen from the PC's, I have installed the drivers for the printer on the PC's but when I print from word etc on the PC I don't get a hard copy from the printer althought there is nothig to tell me there was a problem with the printer. Am I missing something?

Ta

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac Intel Duo 20"
Sorted! Bonjour for windows does the trick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.