Transferring Contacts

Reaction score
Can anyone help out...I have an old iPhone 3g that I need to get my contacts off of and on to my new macbook pro. I'm being told that the new software cannot access the contacts off of an iPhone that old...need help:)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
One way to do it is to use "iExplorer". Read the following article which instructs how to do the transfer and also gives the link to download iExplorer. LINK

C

chas_m

Can anyone help out...I have an old iPhone 3g that I need to get my contacts off of and on to my new macbook pro. I'm being told that the new software cannot access the contacts off of an iPhone that old...need help:)

As near as I can tell, you have received some misinformation.

I have an original iPhone (older than the 3G) that is limited to iOS 3.1.3, but I can still connect it to my latest computer running the latest software and work with it as before. This is not the same computer that was originally associated with this device, but it is the same iTunes account.

You may also have some old backups of that phone on your current computer if you migrated your old data over. However, if you get a warning that iTunes will erase the phone, then you cannot use the method I describe and will need to do something like what Charlie suggested.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.