Icons from 1 application repeats on dock with every other application I install.

Reaction score
SInce installing an application and then installing microsoft office the icons for Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook all appear as the same Icon from the previous applications installed icon. How do I get the proper icons from microsoft office on the dock.

Fixed this issue.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Hold down on the old icon in the dock you will see options then click remove.
Open the new application while it is open the icon will be in the dock hold down on that icon and select keep in the dock.

OP
R
Reaction score
Hold down on the old icon in the dock you will see options then click remove.
Open the new application while it is open the icon will be in the dock hold down on that icon and select keep in the dock.
I tried this and it didn't work. The icon also shows with the program in the finder window and that shows back on the dock when I opened it back up.

OP
R
Reaction score
I fixed this. I ended up going to Office's Application support folder and the other apps folder and deleting them and deleting Office and the other app. Office deleted ok but the other one wouldn't let me because it said that was still in use. Rebooted and then tried to delete the other app and it worked. All's well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.