Looking for App

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a bit of a weird one and am hoping for some help without making a compete plonker of myself !!
I have a new iPad Air and it has of course the App Store in the 'Apps' on the screen.I am looking for an App to do with one of our service providers here in Ireland and I cannot find it.The app is apparently under the heading "Horizon" as that is the name of the system being used by the TV, phone and broadband provider UPC.The rep on the UPC helpline found it no problem on his iPad and he said that he found it by searching under 'search' on the bottom bar which according to him is between 'near me' and 'purchased' but I don't have that option.My search is top right and as I say,I can't find it that way.This app is to enable me to watch TV on the iPad and so it is an iPad app
What is also strange is that there are updates waiting to be downloaded for the App store for other apps such as Adblock and Kindle but when I go to update them it tells me that my account is not with the UK store, it is with the Irish store and I must go there????When I google Irish App store,I get Apple.com?
I am sure the answer is looking at me in the face but I can't see it.Can anyone throw any light on it? Thank you

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks ferrarr.At least I have seen it now.I must be doing something not quite right.I can follow your link here on the desktop and when I get there it automatically switches me to the Irish store but when I open this forum on the iPad and follow your link I get a white blank square !!! Not sure...well actually haven't a clue what that is about but thank you again.Tired now and will have to tackle it in the morning.

OP
I
Reaction score
Hi ferrarr,

Went to Mac desk in computer store and initially the rep was equally baffled(thank gawd lol) but in the end it was a simple solution.When I put in 'horizon' into the search in the App store, because horizon is the name of a number of UK companies,it brought me to the UK branch.However when UPC, the name of the company, was put in,it immediately recognised it as an Irish set up and brought me back to the Irish store.So much for the advice from the UPC rep to search under Horizon.All sorted.Thank you again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.