Can't paste folder or file on external drive?

Reaction score
I connected my WD External HDD to my Macbook A1181 which runs Snow leopard. I created a folder on the desktop and I am trying to copy either the folder or it's files into the external drive, I can right-click and select COPY on the desktop folder but when i right-click in the external drive I am not getting the PASTE option? I also tried to drag and drop the folder but that is not working either? The external is NTFS formatted.

Last edited:
OP
M
Reaction score
Basically I am looking for a way to copy from the mac to the external but without having to lose the data I have on the external without having to reformat the external, is that possible?

OP
M
Reaction score
Oh, I had thought there might be a third party software I could try for this but if not then I will have to go that route, thanks!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
? That's exactly what Paragon's software would be - direct link.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.