Quality of Refurbished Macbook Pro?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram
*edit: I did a quick search for "refurbished" and "refurb" and found nothing. My apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere.

I just got my tax refund today and it's time to replace my 8 year old MBP. I was originally going to get the new 15" retina display with a 512 GB drive and 16 GB ram...but at $2500 it's quite pricey. I was maxing it out simply because I know I can't upgrade RAM myself and there's not promise of a compatible hard drive for future upgrades.

I found a refurb mid-2012 model for $1500 and I'm leaning towards it. It's not much ram, but I can upgrade that (and hard drive) later if need be. Plus it has the same i7 processor that the new MBPs have.

I'm just curious about the quality of the Apple refurbed models. I'm getting a 1.5 year old computer, and that's my only hesitation. I can afford the pimped out new retina model...it would just be nice to save the $1000.

Is there a reason NOT to get the refurbished model?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Apple refurbished computers are just like new. Even comes with the exact same 12 months of Applecare...just like new computers.

- Nick

OP
AUZambo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram
Apple refurbished computers are just like new. Even comes with the exact same 12 months of Applecare...just like new computers.

- Nick

Thanks. That's what I thought. Apple is not the kind of company to cut corners...I just wanted some verification before I ordered it.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
You're welcome. Purchase that refurbished Apple computer with confidence!:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.