Need help to install dongle on iMAC‏

Reaction score
We have iMAC OS X version 10.9 and we want to install this dongle device on this iMac. So can anyone please tell us that can we install on this Mac or not.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
We have iMAC OS X version 10.9 and we want to install this dongle device on this iMac. So can anyone please tell us that can we install on this Mac or not.

Ok...I'm assuming you think that we can read minds...because you gave us absolutely no info on this "dongle device"!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hello and welcome to the forum - sorry, but you really need to provide more information: 1) What are your iMac specs (model/year); and 2) What 'dongle' are you talking about? I'm assuming a USB device of some kind, but please describe (include brand/model) - Dave :)

ADDENDUM: Nick beat me to the draw by 2 minutes! ;)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Not all dongles are the same. What Dongle? What Machine?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
"Dongle dongle in the sky...who thou art you...I wonder why."

Feeling poetic today!lol;)

- Nick

p.s. Maybe it would be better to say..."Dongle in the Cloud"!;)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
LOL, that's a good one Nick! Of course you could always put on your "Johnny Carson" suit, break out your crystal ball, and answer his question. :p

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
LOL, that's a good one Nick! Of course you could always put on your "Johnny Carson" suit, break out your crystal ball, and answer his question. :p

Carnac.jpg

;););)

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
Actually we have dongle usb so we are trying to find a dongle emulator software that can take the backup of software for software protection. All we need just to know that dongle emulator we can use in order to keep backup of software for security purpose. So If you find any particular software for this reason please let us know.
Looking forward to hear from you.
Regards
Sanjay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Actually we have dongle usb so we are trying to find a dongle emulator software that can take the backup of software for software protection. All we need just to know that dongle emulator we can use in order to keep backup of software for security purpose. So If you find any particular software for this reason please let us know.
Looking forward to hear from you.

Hi Sanjay - despite your description above, I'm still lost for words - sorry?

What is the brand name/model of your 'USB Dongle' and if it is for storage, what is the capacity (assume in the GB range)? You still need to provide specs on your iMac for us (model/year/RAM/storage)? And finally are you wanting to 'backup' your computer or certain personal files (or both)?

Please respond and provide answers to the questions above and be specific as to your needs - thanks. Dave :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
Your question re a USB dongle is a little confusing, is this what you are trying to do. You are using software that uses a hardware USB dongle to to enable it to run. You are looking for software to emulate the dongle. If this is correct this would encourage piracy and I doubt anyone here would assist you.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Actually we have dongle usb so we are trying to find a dongle emulator software that can take the backup of software for software protection.

As I read it…what you're sort of saying is…you need a "Dongle for a Dongle"!;) Or…you have a USB dongle that needs dongle emulator software. Very confusing.

Can you provide a website link to this "usb dongle" you're referring to?…and maybe we can figure things out from there.

- Nick

p.s. By the way…it sounds like you're basically trying to backup your software. You said…"...backup of software for software protection." If this is the case…there really are MUCH easier ways of doing this (Time Machine, Super Duper, Carbon Copy Cloner, etc.).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Ahh Nick lash out and buy that crystal ball!

Reaction score
I think Steve had it, guy wants to emulate the hardware as a 'backup in case the dongle gets corrupted'. Definite no no.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.