Geeklet question

Reaction score
I have installed the Geektool, however now i wannna uninstall and i already delete all of related file but it still have the Geeklet on my desktop. I can't delete or do anything to remove this Geeklet. Need you guys help!!! And it display on all the apps run on my desktop. Need all you guys help!!
jvjx.png

ia8v.png

92gk.png

C

chas_m

It sounds like you did not properly uninstall Geektool. Hint: any program that makes changes to the system needs an UNINSTALLER, not just being thrown away. Geektool has an uninstaller, I'd suggest you reinstall Geektool and then use the uninstaller to correctly uninstall it.

If that doesn't work, reinstall it again and use AppCleaner. I've heard it will do the job.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
And if you used it to modify system files - you may need to use it to reset those system files back to their default &/or remove whatever script you had it install prior to uninstalling the application.

Ex. Using any of the various software that enables you to place a check in a box to view hidden files - removing/uninstalling that application, in most cases, is not going to make those files hidden again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Oh that beach looks nice :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.