Sound Output

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27 inch 2017. Processor 3.4GHz Inte Memory 8GB 2400 MHz DDR4. Graphics Radeon Pro 570 4GB
I have connected a Cambridge Soundworks 2.1 Megaworks THX250D to my Mac but cant get it to work.
I have it connected via the phono socket in the Mac, do I have to change any settings to output form that connection?
At the moment, I can only see Internal Speaker option in Sound Preferences.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
Mark

Presumably you are plugging these into the 3.5mm socket?

What happens if you plug some headphones into your mac? In system preferences, the internal speaker text should change to "headphones". If it doesn't then there's a possibility the input socket is not working.

Also, what happens if you plug the speakers into the headphone socket on a phone / iPod? Do they work then? If not, it would seem the fault lies with your speakers.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27 inch 2017. Processor 3.4GHz Inte Memory 8GB 2400 MHz DDR4. Graphics Radeon Pro 570 4GB
Thank you for your reply. Yes the 3.5mm socket next to headphone socket in the back of Mac.
When I plug in headphones the internal speaker text does change to headphones and sound plays to headphones.
I tried my phone plugged into speakers and they do work.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok I've got it! I was turning down volume on Mac thinking that the speaker control would overide it.
Working now......thank you very much

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.