Mail signatures duplicated when I change accounts

Reaction score
When I open Mail I have new messages sending out from Account1 by default, using the Account1 signature. When I switch to have the email sent from Account2, it's showing the Account2 signature underneath the Account1 signature. So I have to go in and delete Account1 signature every time. How can I get rid of this without having to do it manually every time?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Hi,
You need to check your signatures 'Per account' as opposed to 'All accounts' in Settings>Mail....>Signature

OP
E
Reaction score
Hi,
You need to check your signatures 'Per account' as opposed to 'All accounts' in Settings>Mail....>Signature

I don't see that option in the Signatures menu. I'm using the latest version of Mavericks... did Apple move that option?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry,

I gave you an iOS fix!!

If you look in Mail Prefs>Signatures you have to manually choose the signature for each account using the choose signature option. This will make each account default to the chosen signature.

OP
E
Reaction score
I have it set like that so each account has its own signature, but for some reason when I open a new message with Account1, it shows Account1's signature. But if I change the email to be sent from Account2, it keeps Account1's signature and adds that of Account2. What I want to know is why it keeps the old signature if I'm switching mail accounts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok. I'm toggling between accounts with a new mail in Mavericks and it's changing the signature fine.
In the open mail, when you change the 'From' account what happens in the 'Signature' tab opposite right?

Edit. Check how each default signature is written. You may have inadvertently pasted one above the other.

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.