Web Browsers

Reaction score
My Macbook Pro Retina has suddenly stopped opening web pages in Safari and Chrome. I am running windows 8 in Parrallels. In windows internet explorer web pages open quickly. On the same network i have a macmini, no problem. Likewise an iphone, ipad, nexus 7 and galaxy S4. Have cleared caches etc. My broadband is Virgin 125 Mbs. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Have tried rebooting router/modem.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums..

Do you get any errors from Safari/Chrome? Does it eventually time out or does the bar just slowly makes it away across the top but not fully load?

OP
S
Reaction score
Welcome to Mac-Forums..

Do you get any errors from Safari/Chrome? Does it eventually time out or does the bar just slowly makes it away across the top but not fully load?

No errors, bar moves across approx half way and hangs.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Can you open a terminal window by going to Applications->Utilities and then type the following command:
Code:
traceroute google.com
You can change the address to anything you want and should set it to whichever websites you are trying to visit.

Once you have that information, go to the Windows 8 machine and type the following in a Windows Command prompt (WIN+r, the enter 'cmd')
Code:
tracert google.com

Now compare the two results. The initial few entries should likely match and then slowly diverge as each Trace Route takes a different path to the destination..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.