Need guidance on fixing broken boot camp installation.

Reaction score
Hi, so I installed Windows 7 64 bit on a 2008 iMac, I'm not sure if it's early/late/etc because I can't access the info for my Mac, as I can't boot into the OS X partition. I'm basically stuck on Windows.

I don't see the Boot Camp icon, and I don't see any OS selection menu when I reboot. I was able to download some 32 bit drivers from Apple's support page, and those installed fine, but I guess Boot Camp itself won't install in Windows 7 because the 64 bit version of windows is not supported by Boot Camp 4.

So, I was wondering if I could just wipe my Windows 7 partition somehow (not sure), and just boot back into my OS X partition. Is that possible? I know the partition is still there, I can see it in the Disk Management utility, so I know it's there, I just can't seem to access it.

Any advice? Thanks.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hi, so I installed Windows 7 64 bit on a 2008 iMac, I'm not sure if it's early/late/etc because I can't access the info for my Mac, as I can't boot into the OS X partition. I'm basically stuck on Windows.

Have you tried pressing the "option" key on reboot? This should give you a choice of all bootable partitions on the HD.

- Nick

OP
N
Reaction score
That worked great, thanks! Only problem is now... I haven't logged in for so long that I forgot my password... heh...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.