Macs for Sale

Reaction score
Hello, I have a few Macs for sale... each one of them is in their original boxes and they have their original install disks and papers, etc. Does the fact that I have the original boxes and CDs and the papers and the fact that these all still work increase their value? I was going to list them on eBay tonight. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Look on eBay and other sites for the kinds of Macs you have and check out past sales to get an idea of what they are selling for.

Having all the originals (boxes, discs) and being in working order definitely increases the value. The newer the Mac is the higher the value as well..

OP
P
Reaction score
Hi. Thanks for the quick response. I have been looking on eBay... especially at past sales. But the sales lately have not included the boxes and disks and papers. Oh well... I'll wing it I guess... start bidding at a bit higher than past sales that did not include the box, etc. and see what happens. Thanks again.

OP
P
Reaction score
Hi Ferrarr. Thanks for the advice. I didn't realize that EveryMac had the prices on the bottom of the page. I've looked at Mac2Sell but the prices seem high compared to what people are paying on Ebay.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I hate to say it guys...but those estimated current values on Everymac.com are totally totally worthless. They are EXTREMELY inaccurate.

I'll give a couple examples:

- Dual cpu 2.0ghz Powermac G5. Everymac's estimated current value is $350-$450. These actually sell on e-Bay for about $100 (I've seen them sell for as little as $55).

- 2008 13" MacBook 2.4ghz cpu. Everymac says estimated current value is $500-$600. This is totally insane. They're worth more like $250.

eBay is probably one of the best sources for current used Mac value's. And Mac2sell.net is a MUCH better place to go for used Mac estimated values.

- Nick

Last edited:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As far as having the original box, original disks, papers, etc. It does increase the value a little bit...but not major.

What having these does do for someone selling a used computer is...it makes this computer a more desirable deal. What I mean is...if two computers are being sold (exact same)...and only one has the original box & disks...the computer with the box & disks will be more desirable & will probably sell faster.

How much this actually is in terms of $$$ is really hard to say. But the original box & disks will help a computer sell faster than one without these items.:)

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
- 2008 13" MacBook 2.4ghz cpu. Everymac says estimated current value is $500-$600. This is totally insane. They're worth more like $250.

LOL. Where the heck did they come up with those prices? Maybe they're Hong Kong or Singapore dollars... It was 2 years ago that I sold my 2008 White 2.4 GHz MacBook which was immaculate for $450.00 to a private individual.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
LOL. Where the heck did they come up with those prices? Maybe they're Hong Kong or Singapore dollars... It was 2 years ago that I sold my 2008 White 2.4 GHz MacBook which was immaculate for $450.00 to a private individual.

Ha ha...you definitely see what I'm saying about Everymac! $450 for your MacBook 2 years ago was a good price. But no way someone is going to pay $500-$600 for a 2008 MacBook now...when something MUCH newer & faster can be purchased for the same money...or even less.:)

About 10 years ago:

- when I didn't really know any better
- eBay wasn't as user friendly
- Mac2sell.net may not have even existed

...I used to believe the estimated used values mentioned on Everymac.com.

I actually think that the estimated values at Everymac used to be better years & years ago...but the values now are totally insane...and I don't think that Everymac is even updating them very often. Everymac should really just remove those estimated values. They are totally useless.

Even professional reseller websites for used computers (which generally have very high inflated prices)...still sell used computers for less than the Everymac.com estimates.

- Nick

p.s. It is possible...that Everymac.com is using the selling prices from reseller websites for their estimated values...rather than e-Bay. The reseller prices are really insane as well.

Reaction score
I have some Macs I would give away that came from thrift stores and off the side of the road. Having media for the old machines is a must or its just a door stop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3

Mind you I have seen a iMac *Box Only* sell for $70 lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.