Mac Calendar Problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", MacbookPro 17", Sierra on iMac, iPad Pro, cell, iPhone 6
My iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro, iCloud all accept 24-hour settings for the calendar. I use 13 for 1 p.m., etc.
Recently, iMAC has only allowed single digits for the hour, even for the afternoon, even though the 24-hour setting is in effect in General and Languages and Keyboards. What has gone wrong and how to I correct it?
My default Calendar setting is iCloud and, iCloud on line accepts the 24-hour system figures.

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which version of OS X are you running? I have mine set to the 24 Hr. clock and all my times are in the 24 Hr. format. I'm using the latest Mavericks 10.9.2. BTW, same on my iPhone.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mavericks, but I discovered the trick: with the system set for 24-hour times of course, first click on "all day" appointment even if you don't mean it, after which, you insert whatever hour you prefer in the 24-hour system. Why it wants to go through that ritual is anyone's guess.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The problem seems to have been fixed upstream.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.