Time machine

Reaction score
Things a little starnge at moment, cant install flash, 3rd party software not installing, and Mavericks failing on download.

If say I restore from Time machine rom when things were OK (Jan 1) are the files worked on since Jan 1 lost or retained?

Secondly I have a bootcamp windows partition not backed up in Time machine. Will I lose that?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
If you do a full restore of all the files then yes those files would be replaced with files from January 1. Unless you delete the BootCamp partition or erase the entire drive it won't be touched by the installation.

Can you tell us a bit more about this situation?
1. What Mac are we dealing with here?
2. What OS do you currently have on this Mac? Are you already running Mavericks and trying to repair it or are you running an Older OS?
3. What exactly happens when the Mavericks download fails?

OP
C
Reaction score
Mac late 2009 16GB RAM Running Lion. Trying a second (14 hour) download now. Too many problems with programs just now.

Flashplayer 12 wont install

A third party photo program wont install

The download from Apple said Mavericks incomplete and to delete and download again.

Question really is if I reistall (lion) from a time machin backup, are files created from then to now lost along with the Bootcamp partition?

OP
C
Reaction score
heres the error code

An error occurred while running scripts from the package “mzps4135638417199433253.pkg”.

C

chas_m

Where are you getting this Mavericks file from?

(though actually the fact that you can't install from other sources is telling me that either your permissions are screwed up or you are attempting upgrades from a "user" account and not an "admin" account)

OP
C
Reaction score
from the app store. Cleaned permissions and repaired disc from the HD restore option. Now considering a reinstall of Lion prior to the mavericks but am assuming all documents/files/etc remain undisturbed and it's just an OS reistall, leaving my Bootcamp partition alone?

Last edited:

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
The Boot Camp partition will be left alone as long as you don't accidentally tell the installer to install Mavericks on that partition.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.