Google Chrome and Photoshop CS6 not starting

Reaction score
Photoshop launches but freezes when I tried to open file or use the menu. Google chrome sometimes launches, but doesn't connect to internet.
Firefox and safari works.

I have tried literally everything.
I think this started when I downloaded Mavericks and rebooted.

- I have tried erasing, repairing hard-drive and reinstalling osx mavericks like 4 times
- tried downgrading back to Mountain Lion using bootable usb
- tried deleting plist of google chrome and photoshop in the preferences folder
- tried resetting PRAM

THE ONLY SOLUTION THAT WORKS IS SAFE BOOT. THE APPS RUN PERFECTLY FINE IN SAFE MODE.

Dont want to use safe mode because it disables 3rd party fonts, which i need because im gfx designer.

It doesn't make sense. Please help.

OP
C
Reaction score
FIXED! I did not have java. Somebody please shoot me in the head for being so idiotic.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
That would be lucky since Chrome doesn't work with Java (the only browser) and, as far as I know, Photoshop doesn't require it (I imagine that the installer would install it or prompt you if it did). I think you might have lucked out here with something else. Have you done anything else?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.